National Bank of Whittier

Imagination story -


I work at the National Bank of Whittier, the only true community commercial bank headquartered within the city of Whittier, California. It is apparently the only exclusive Islamic bank in the US. My office is big, clean, cool, and comfortable. It is a general office type with many amenities such as parking lot, restaurant, toilet, cafeteria, etc.

the things what I like about my office are it is possible to gain valuable experience and exposure to every aspect of commercial banking with some initiative. Every employee is involved in most parts of the business, and everyday is different. It is a good opportunity to build relationships with various types of customers. 

While, what I dislike about my office is we can not converse with other staff too much. We just get back to work and no talking at all, and it can increase our stress fastly.

If I could change one thing in my office, I would build a room for pets. so the employees can bring their pets to the room with some people inside to taking care of the pets. I think it is a good idea to take pets to work, because pets can help relieve your stress. 

A study showed that petting a cat or dog lowers a person’s blood pressure reading, this has been found to be true with other animals as well. So when the employees are getting stress, they could come to the pets room for several minutes. I believe it will help relieve their stress.

Komentar